These protein-packed, gluten-free muffins are a staple in our household.
Use muffin liners that you have brushed with melted coconut oil or butter. Silicon baking sheets work well without any additional oil.
Ingredients (Makes 12 muffins)
• 6 eggs
•¼ cup butter, melted or ¼ cup melted ghee
• 3/4 cup coconut milk
• 3 tablespoons maple syrup
• ½ teaspoon vanilla
• 3/4 cup sifted coconut flour
• ½ teaspoon baking powder
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 2 teaspoons lemon zest
Preheat the oven to 400˚F. Brush 12 muffin liners with oil and place in the muffin cups. (No need if you are using silicon.)
In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, butter, coconut milk, maple syrup, and vanilla. In another bowl, mix together the coconut flour, baking powder, and salt. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, mixing thoroughly until there are no lumps. Stir in the lemon zest
Divide the batter into the 12 cups.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until they are browned and firm on top.
• These keep fresh, refrigerated, for up to a week.
• Sift the coconut flour, then measure.
Picture above is before cooking–
Ingredients (Makes one 8×8-inch square)
• 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
• 1⁄4 cup melted coconut oil
• 2 eggs
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 1⁄2 cups brown rice flour
• 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 2 teaspoons ginger powder
• 11⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon powder
• 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
• 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
• 1⁄2 cup pecans or walnuts, finely chopped
• 1⁄2 teaspoon orange or lemon zest (optional)
• 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
• Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Oil a 8×8-inch square baking dish.
• In a stand mixer with the paddle, combine the maple syrup and oil. (Alternatively, use a hand mixer in a large bowl.) Beat on high speed until thoroughly blended. Add in the eggs, one at a time. Be sure to beat well between eggs. Add in the orange rind and vanilla and continue to blend together. Set aside.
• In a separate bowl, sift together the dry ingredients. Stir in the nuts. Add some of the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, a little at a time, blending well. Add in 1⁄4 cup of the applesauce, blend, then add in more flour. Continue this process until you have added all of the ingredients.
• Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the gingerbread is done. Check to see if complete by inserting a toothpick, or touching lightly on the center.
The gingerbread keeps refrigerated for up to four days and freezes well.
Ingredients (Serves 6)
• 1 1/2 cups water
• 1 cup maple syrup
• 5 tablespoons cornstarch (optional substitute- Agar flakes if no allergies to seafood)
• 1 14-ounce can coconut milk
• 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder of Kudzu
• ¼ cup cocoa powder
• ½ cup semi-sweet shaved chocolate or chocolate chips (2 ounces)
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• Add the water, maple syrup, and cornstarch to a medium saucepan. Bring the liquid to a boil, once the boiling liquid thickens lower heat to a simmer. Stir frequently to make sure nothing sticks to the bottom.
• Remove 1/4 cup of the coconut milk to a small bowl. Mix it with arrowroot to make a slurry and set aside.
• To the pot on the stove, add the remainder of the coconut milk, and the cocoa powder. Then once all mixed stir in the arrowroot mixture, stirring constantly on medium heat.
• Remove the pot from heat and stir in the chocolate chips and the vanilla. Let the chocolate sit for a few minutes and then whisk it in until thoroughly melted.
This can be consumed hot or cold…
2 ½ cups almond meal/flour
1 tsp. baking soda
2 Tbsp. ground ginger (+optional 1 tsp fresh grated ginger)
¼ cup grape seed oil or melted coconut oil
½ cup maple syrup
2 Tbsp. lemon zest
Preheat oven to 3500F.
In a large bowl, combine the almond meal, baking soda and ginger.
In a medium bowl, combine the oil, syrup and zest. Add to the dry ingredients and mix until well blended. Scoop 1 Tbsp. of the dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the tops start to crack!
2 apples, washed
½ Tbsp coconut oil or ghee
1 tsp cinnamon
2-3 Tbsp apple juice
Thinly slice apples and sauté in oil until softened. Add cinnamon and apple juice and simmer, stirring, uncovered for a few more minutes. Great on breakfast cereal!